Saturday, February 19, 2011

Rubber Room: Time is Elastic

February 18, 2011

65 degrees today.  Shed my coat.  I began the Rubber Room project in the dead of winter (nine days ago) and today feels like spring.

I've been coming to the show from one or another of my NYC clients, so I'm usually wearing a tie.  Coincidentally, today I'm wearing my Einstein tie, an accidental cosmic bow to the professor who taught us that time is not as it appears

When you are immersed, time takes on different qualities.  I'd like to know from the actors about showtime -- the span of time in which a show runs; weeks, days, months -- not just inside this experiment, but in traditional shows.  How do those days feel different from other days? 

When the season ends, athletes must feel the change.

For teachers in the Rubber Room, day in and day out, what does time feel like?

Two more days for me. I've been coming to the same four walls more often than the actors, the stage managers, more often than anyone except a teacher in the Rubber Room.  

No comments:

Post a Comment